Thank you all you did yesterday to make Max and our family comfortable. . .even though a difficult time for me, it was such a nice experience; a beautiful day, he chose a favorite place in the shade, and loving family was there.
Thank you sooooooo much for helping our beloved girl. You're our angel of mercy... and heaven sent!
Thank you Dr. Naun. We couldn't have asked for a more positive experience to let our buddy Jett go. Thank you for your kindness, compassion, and empathy.
From the very first phone call to Arms of Aloha, we were treated with very sincere kindness and sympathy. This company truly embodies the spirit of Aloha in every sense of the word and I couldn't ask for more caring arms. Dr. Naun took care of everything. All I had to do was hold my loving "Weezie" in my arms, in her favorite chair, as she reached the Rainbow Bridge
I am so grateful that you offer this service and the compassion and care you showed to both Chloe and me. Your little touches like inserting the IV line in Chloe's hind leg, giving me space to say my goodbyes and finally wrapping my Chloe in a soft, pretty, blue blanket were very important to me. You took such care and I am so glad I called you instead of taking Chloe to her vet's office.
I told [my friends] of my good experience and I hope when the time comes, they will make arrangements with Arms of Aloha and give their dogs this final parting gift. They will not regret it.
I am so grateful for all that you have done for my family and Sam. The whole experience was as good as it could have been, Thank You!
Thank you for making our beloved Kilani comfortable. We are grateful for your services that you provided to make it comforting to our children.
Thanks for your help with everything. We're so pleased with how everything went thanks to you. It is an invaluable service.
Thank you for giving us so much more than we expected: comfort, confidence and care. We received the clay impression today. Thank you so much, it is beautiful. I love the details and feel like he is with me.
Many thanks for your thoughtfulness, your kind caring and the warmth that you showed during this process. . .We truly appreciate what you do, allowing us to be with our sweet girl, in the comfort of our own home, in the gentlest way possible. Thank you for that gift!
Please continue to do what you do; on behalf of all pet owners who have found themselves in a similar situation as we were, your support and services are truly a blessing.
More than Just Home Euthanasia
We want you to feel supported before and after the loss of your beloved companion. Our goal is to facilitate your creation of an end-of-life experience that meets the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of not just your pet, but the entire family unit. Our team of professionals can help you with decision support, spiritual services, and individual and group grief counseling. Everyone on our team understands that this is a significant life event for you, and we are all trained in grief support.
Ask us about:
- Grief and bereavement services
- Memorial planning
- Door-to-door body care services
- How to decide when it’s the right time
- How you can help your children and other pets process this loss
What can I expect?
“I wish he could just pass away in his sleep.”
This thought is expressed to us more than any other. Our doctor has received advanced training in the most gentle techniques to help your pet have the most peaceful transition possible.
At the visit, you will first sign a consent form and take care of the finances (we have found that it is much easier for you to do this at the beginning so that you are then free to focus on what is important). More information about payment options is under “Cost of Care.”
The exact process will vary according to what will work best for you. We’ll explain everything in as little or as much detail as you want, and we can always adjust the plan if needed. If you have specific requests or your pet has special needs, let us know when you schedule so that we can discuss how to accommodate them. Generally, our doctor will give a combination of sedative and pain medication to help your pet feel relaxed, safe, and comfortable before proceeding.
The average visit lasts about 45 minutes, but we always schedule more time to ensure you have the chance to ask questions, talk story, or just take a little extra time.
What about after?
You will be given time to pay your respects in private. If you have chosen cremation and would like to hold your pet’s remains for ceremony, let us know and we can discuss your options for a later pick-up. Otherwise, when you’re ready, our doctor will take care of the cremation arrangements right away.
The most common arrangements are:
- Burial. If you have space and it’s allowed, many pet owners take comfort in having their beloved laid to rest at home. You will need to check with the City and County Zoning Department (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-808-768-3809) and your homeowner’s association first. Call the Hawaiian Humane Society at 1-808-356-2217 for more information. You may also wish to contact Valley of the Temples Pet Cemetery at 1-808-239-8811 about reserving a plot for future arrangements.
- Cremation. We work closely with Oahu Pet Crematory, providing the transportation for you to ensure that your beloved is handled with respect and care. Our turnaround times are very fast for those who would like to have the cremated remains returned home. Please see more about your options on this page.
- For additional aftercare options, see this article.
Coping with Loss
We offer pet loss support groups and other grief services. You can also check out these resources:
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement offers articles, online chat groups, and other sources of comfort to those who need it.
- The Hawaiian Humane Society offers a pet loss support group, currently meeting the first Tuesday of every month. Call 1-808-356-2222 to attend.
- Iowa State University Pet Loss Support Hotline: 1-888-478-7574
- Additional hotlines, websites and resources: Pet Loss Help
Get Started Now: